After 2 post of heavy dinner, decided to prepare a quick and easy sweetie – Blueberry Jam!
This might be too sweet to eat on its own but it taste great with bread or toast!
What you need
- 500g of blueberries (frozen pack)
- 2 cups of sugar
- Half tsp of cinnamon powder
- Half lemon (its the juice that we need)
- 1 tsp corn starch
How to do it
1. Pour all blueberries and sugar into a pot.
2. Keep stirring until sugar melted. (I thought it was a bit dry initially & add about 1/4 cup water. It will be easier to stir. However, this is not necessary.)
3. Keep stirring. (LOL!!) Feel free to mashed the berries (until you achieve you desired texture/bits) while stirring.
4. About 10-15 mins of stirring, add cinnamon powder (this is optional if you’re not a cinnamon person)
5. Add lemon juice to enhance it & continue to stir for another 10 mins.
6. Add in cornstarch & continue stirring (you can also add water to corn starch first then mix well before adding into the jam. I believe it will incorporate into the pot of jam better)
7. Switch to low heat and let it simmer for another 10 mins or until the jam thickens!
TIPS: I added about 1 tbsp of gelatin powder in the jam because I wanted a gel like texture instead of saucy jam – partly also because my jam is too watery (remember I added water at the start?), cornstarch only thicken it but doesn’t solidify it.
Let it cool (luke warm) then transfer into a jar and refrigerate it!
Tadaaaaaa! I let my mom try it and surprisingly she said it was good! She is not a cinnamon person, so I guess the cinnamon ain’t that strong and blended quite well with the blueberries!
I shall try strawberry jam the next time and share a post with you if it’s successful!