Seems like commentors will now have to log in to either wordpress or gravatar to comment on any wordpress post.. Went to WordPress forum and found below post..
“There is quite a bit of speculation here, and while I can’t address every single point, I’d like to point out that one of the many reasons behind this change was to provide greater control over your own identity within comments at WordPress.com.
Anyone who knows your email address could have easily linked their comment to your account in a way that was indistinguishable from you leaving it, and you would have no way of knowing it or stopping them. Now comments linked to your account are always going to be from you.
Here are a few more points to keep in mind, which should address the majority of your concerns:
1. To control what shows when you comment, you can edit your profile at Users -> My Profile in your Dashboard.
2. Folks can still comment just like before, but if they use a registered email address, they need to log in to prove that it’s really them.
3. This extends to both Gravatar and WordPress.com accounts, which actually are the same thing, the same user names and passwords. Folks who are sure that they do not have a WordPress.com account may have forgotten that they registered a Gravatar account years earlier.
5. Just as before, you don’t have to require your commenters to use an email address, it’s an option under Settings -> Discussion.
6. We’re happy to help people who are having trouble commenting, logging in, or resetting their passwords. Let us know steps to reproduce the problem and we’ll do our best to help the person or fix the bug.”
Alternatively, you can visit THIS SITE to see more..
Not really very happy about this change.. who will post comments as ourselves when we still have the rights to approve all comments before its publish on our post..
This is a stupid change.